Wednesday, December 7, 2011

NIght Vision and Night Lights


27th  street by Night
12/3/2011
Nikon D5100
F-stop: f/36
Shutter speed 10 sec
ISO: 640
Lens: 18- 55 mm
Focal Length: 55 mm
Dark, street lights




A flash of before
11/18/11
11/30/11
Nikon D5100
F-stop: f/5.0
Shutter speed 1/250 sec
ISO: 1000
Lens: 18- 55 mm
Focal Length: 18 mm


For this project I chose to do city streets because i really enjoy taking pictures of streets with a long exposure and get the light from the cars and all. At first it was a little hard to get the city in the background in focus but I changed my ISO and my aperture and could figure it out eventually. I think it turned out good but I want to explore more places and go out when there are more cars to get more different lines of lighting.
For the second night picture I chose to take a picture of the Bacbcock Theatre sign which I think is the coolest sign in Billings. I like it because it looks really old-fashioned and that is also the reason why I chose to put it in black and white even though the colors are really nice in it. I also chose to have a silhouette in it to create a more exciting picture. I think it turned out good but I don't know if the black and white choice was the best, but I really wanted that feeling of old-fashioned so I am happy about it. Overall I think my light pictures were good but there is definitely room for improvement and I want to play with different shutter speeds and learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment