Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Portrait

Portrait
Who I am
Portrait of Mimmi Palovaara
11/30/11
Nikon D5100
F-stop: f/9
Shutter speed 1/25 sec
ISO: 500
Lens: 18- 55 mm
Focal Length: 48 mm
Partly Cloudy, natural sunset

For my portrait I chose to use Mimmi as my subject. Many people ask me what she's like beause they think she appear shy and quite. She also dresses very casual and discrete. Becasue of this I decided that she was going to paint her nails in colors she liked and to me those colors represent the humourous, kind, caring, generous and happy person that it seems like many people have a hard time seeing before they get to know her. I really enjoy taking portraits and this one was obviously staged. I didn't use a tripod. We were outside and I hung a white sheet behind her. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon so the sun was sitting pretty low which gave us a really nice lighting. I overexposed a little bit to get her eyes to pop more. A lot of the pictures were great,. I chose this one because she look very interesting and serious at the same time and the things she's doinf with her hands also seemed to come natural to her and I wanted it to appear natural even though it was staged. I really enjoyed taking pictures of this VERY pretty friend of mine and I'll probably do it again.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great photo Isa! Great photographer, Great Model. Miss you both

    ReplyDelete