Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Social Issue

What doesn't kill you
12/1/11
Nikon D5100
F-stop: f/3.8
Shutter speed 1/15 sec
ISO: 200
Lens: 18- 55 mm
Focal Length: 22 mm
Natural light, clear, at sunset
Socail Issues: Smoking

I took this picture because I am very concerned about young people, and people in general smoking and using other drugs and tobacco. I think something needs to be done when it comes to young people and them being exposed to this all the time. I came up with this topic because it scares me and I care about doing something to prevent that young adults get drawn into the big use of tobacco that we see today. I originally wanted to do something related to the environment, such as the landfill because that really upsets me. I got very disappointed when I realized I wasn't allowed to go in and take pictures there so I had to think of something else. That's when I came up with this topic, because it is something that I care about. In Sweden, many young people smoke and I think something needs to be done about it. This picture is of my friends who both smoke and I had them sit down leaning back on the brick wall. I had him place his hand on his knee so that he would hold the cigarette still which made it easier for me to focus on it. I got the result I wanted, with the cigarette as the subject and the young adults in the background. I chose black and white because I think tobacco represents a dark side and naturally I wanted a dark picture for it.  I am pleased with my result.


No comments:

Post a Comment